Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gain and phase measurement using AD8302

Status
Not open for further replies.

anushaas

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using an AD8302 IC for gain and phase measurement of two signal inputs within a frequency range of 1Hz to 1MHz.

It is mentioned in the Application Note AN-691 that the IC need to be used in the following configuration to enable its use in low frequency applications.

1.png

I used a +5V supply,CC= 10uF and CFLT = 1uF.Also R1=R2 =51.9 Ohm.

The signal inputs were VINA =VF1 and VINB = VF2 as shown in the following circuit:

2.png

The voltage outputs of AD8302 corresponds to Gain and Phase measurements as per the following equations given in datasheet:

3.png

where VCP =900mV,RFISLP = 600mV/decade and RFIQ = 10mV/degree as per datasheet at low frequencies.

I acquired a bode plot for the same circuit using the Bode Analyser of NI Elvis II+ and also obtained the Gain in dB and Phase in degree using the above equations from the AD8302 output voltages.

The graphs obtained were as follows:

4.png

5.png

Can anyone please suggest ways to reduce the error in the gain and phase measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back