Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full wave rectiferes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The field of electronics is broad and fascinating. It's natural for anyone to want to explore it.

I think there is such a thing as someone taking to a certain area of electronics. He just needs to discover which field best suits his mental outlook. It will tend to be the field he enjoys the most.

Examples:

Digital circuits, assembling many logic IC's.
Radio receiving and transmitting, tuning circuits.
Television, reception, repair.
Field operations, outdoor work.
Mobile equipment.
Audio, sound quality, amplifiers, transducers.
Musical instruments, musicians.
House wiring, appliances, 'the grid'.
Motor theory, mechanical ability.
Computers, construction, repair, networking.
High voltage operations, experiments.
Flying craft, airplane.
Boating, submarine.
Robotics.
Large mechanical force operations, experiments.
Teaching in an electronics field.
Merchandising electronics.
Transporting electronics.

Some of the above things can be done without needing to know how to build the entire system.
Some of the above areas need abilities in addition to some electronics knowledge.

Brad all nice and good, but in the OP's case they seem to have trouble with every facet of electronics (given their past post history). I'm not sure they are suited to electronic design, perhaps sales where they can potentially make even more than an engineer, I certainly don't drive around in a Porsche, M series, AMG, F, etc that I see many of those sales guys are driving.

Yes, my brain hurts when I see your questions

Ha ha...

Perhaps electrical and electronic engineering is not one of your strengths. Did you go into it because you were good at math and science?

Hello,
i chose it because it was in my interest and i see nothing than it..

I am glad he didn't pick "Medical" or "Nuclear".

is these are more difficult?

Digital circuits, assembling many logic IC's.
I have done this without machine by hand

Robotics.
I have build this kids robots

i chose it because it was in my interest and i see nothing than it..
Hey, I'm really interested in music, but instead I'm an engineer. Why because I can't sing, can't play an instrument, can't tell the difference between notes, etc. Therefore I went into something I am good at.

is these are more difficult?
Both choices pose more risk. If your skill at medicine was as good as your engineering your first patient with a broken finger would probably end up dead. And as a nuclear engineer you would probably cause a reactor meltdown.

Therefore I went into something I am good at.

How you become good at engineers?
Right now i build acrylic led letter with smps and module led.

How you become good at engineers?
Right now i build acrylic led letter with smps and module led.

Didn't become good, I've always had a talent for it. Just like singers that naturally can carry a tune or dancers that can pick up a new dance after watching someone else perform it. I've always had an easy time with applied science, so basically engineering was a natural choice that fit my strengths. In school they never taught me how to design, I already knew how to come up with a design or multiple designs for my assignments. What they did teach me was theory and analysis techniques.

OK, great i have design digital but now learning analog which is base of all.

I have learn embedded also pic16f877a with few things
and with analog calculation of C and R we cant move further.
i have done width 8085 also SDO it was very funny and enjoy.

Last edited:

Problem is the definition of sine magnitude. Spice (and also Ltspice) uses the mathematical definition said:
ok , what is difference between it?

The above "explanation" is, in my opinion, not very well-chosen, it's rather misinterpreting and confusing. In fact, both simulators (Spice, LTspice, PSpice etc.) and electricians use exactly the same definition of sine magnitude!

For instance, the voltage sine wave in time domain, with a magnitude of Vmax [V], frequency f [Hz], and phase
7_87567e37a1fe699fe1c5d3a79325da6f.png
[rad], is mathematically described as: (and used also by simulators)

v(t) = Vmax * sin(2*
3_4f08e3dba63dc6d40b22952c7a9dac6d.png
*f *t +
)

The magnitude (= the peak value of the wave) is not as useful or representative for common use as the RMS (root mean square) value which can represent "power content" of the wave (independently on its shape) and therefore this RMS value is commonly used instead. This is also in most cases the value displayed by multimeters. Only multimeters marked with a label "RMS" really measure it, so the measured wave needn't be necessarily of the sine shape. The other ones measure some other value of the wave (mean, peak), presuming it is a sine wave, then recalculate and display its corresponding RMS value. The ratio of the peak and RMS values for the sine (!) wave is sqrt(2). This coefficient is known as the crest factor and its value depends on the shape of the wave, of course.
So, returning back to the sine wave, for the RMS value the above expression can be rewritten as:

v(t) = sqrt(2)*Vrms * sin(2*
3_4f08e3dba63dc6d40b22952c7a9dac6d.png
*f *t +
)

It means: speaking about a sine voltage, e.g. 12V(AC) or 230V, we automatically consider they are the RMS values, i.e. their magnitudes are 12*sqrt(2) = 16.97V, resp. 230*sqrt(2) = 325.27V.
It is obvious that in simulators we must always enter the peak value for the sine wave. If possibly the RMS value is to be used it must be modified by the crest factor of sqrt(2).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back