Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FTP library for Texas Instruments ARM MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertycoolguy

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am using the TIVA C series MCU and Code Composer Studio (CCS ) to control a SIM908 GSM/GPS module. The module has TCP/IP stack, FTP commands and HTTP commands.

I have a moving circuit. I want to send the collected GPS coordinates to my server using FTP, securely. (at least using the most secure method if sftp is not supported).
Is there a C SFTP/ FTP library to do this?
Is the best secure method to trnafer using HTTP?

My option 3 is to do a DB call from the MCU itself. That would be the DB in my hostgator account called remotely from the MCU and adds data. NO FTP. Is that good? Would people be seeing my credentials?

I would so much appreciate your ideas in this regard.

the SIM908 has an embedded TCPIP stack with FTP (I assume FTP not SFTP) - see section 11 of the AT command refence
https://www.dfrobot.com/image/data/tel0051/3.0/sim908_at command manual_v1.01.pdf

'simply' a question of setting up the correct sequence of AT commands

never used FTP from a modem myself - always implemented my own server and used a UDP or TCP client to send/receive data

if you are worried about security you can always encrypt data using Blowfish or AES

thank you very much Horace1. Do you think you can share with me the AT command sequence? I find it difficult to understand the AT commands with regard to TCP/IP. I cant seem to figure which comes first so forth. It would be very much helpful to me if you could shred some light.

I am planning to test HTTPS as well. Since in HTTPS the GET data is not encrypted, I was thinking of using HTTPS with POST. What do you think about it?

Yes, I am worried about security as it is a major aspect I need to divert my attention to.

many thanks for your time.

- - - Updated - - -

the problem is I am using HOSTGATOR shared hosting. so I cannot simply sent data only using TCP/IP and write software such as using C language to capture it. I can only use php html etc. SO any ideas on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.