Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

From Encounter to Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

zb8521

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I did P&R in Encounter and saved the design to OA format, but when it is opened in Virtuoso, the design layout is covered by a lot of horizontal and vertical yellow lines and I can't clearly read the layout. These yellow lines are not selectable and they will not move with the layout.

I also tried exporting DEF from Encounter and then importing DEF to Virtuoso, it gave me exactly the same result.

I really want to get rid of these annoying lines as I'm going to edit the layout in Virtuoso. Does anyone know what are these lines and how to delete them?

I'm using Encounter 7.1 and Virtuoso 1.6.1.2. The cell library is OSU FreePDK45 (came with NCSU FreePDK45 kit).

Can anyone help me out?

zb8521 said:
Can anyone help me out?

if the yellow line layer is in the layer selection window (LSW), you can turn off the visibility. Otherwise, you need to goto the edit or option menu (I can't remember exactly what the exact menu is) in the CIW to enable and disable the view of that layer.

zb8521

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wpchan05 said:
if the yellow line layer is in the layer selection window (LSW), you can turn off the visibility. Otherwise, you need to goto the edit or option menu (I can't remember exactly what the exact menu is) in the CIW to enable and disable the view of that layer.

Thank you so much! I found it is called "Track" in the "Grid" tab of LSW. I just made it invisible and the layout looks pretty!

63_1269550521.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back