Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Frequency to Voltage conversion using Monostable Multivibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

elisemark

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an LC resonnator /oscillator at 800Khz and the frequency is changing as the coil length changes. I need to output a dc signal that is varying as function of my signal frequency change . I tried PLL with Cd4046 with no luck .
anyone has any idea how to achieve this with a HEF4538B or even the the IC555 timer.

thanks

I tried PLL with Cd4046 with no luck
Either you didn't set up the VCO frequency range correctly or you didn't provide a suitable "digital" input signal for the phase comparator. Both problems would probably happen with a 4538 as well.

thansk FvM
for the Cd4046 as far as the VCO I have C4 set to 470pf and R at pin 11 set at 10K (correction my Fc=850Khz)
this should work.

anyone has any schematic on how to design the F/V converter circuit given my oscillator resonnating at 800Khz using the 4538 monostable ? also can the LM331 work at such high frequencies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back