Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency mixer output

Status
Not open for further replies.

farzaneh_2561

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
Im trying to test this frequency mixer (ADE-2ASK), and I have a couple of questions (My major isnt electrical engineering, so you may find them funny). I tried to test it using a signal generator. I feed the LO and RF inputs with 1mhz and 2mhz signals and I expected to see a signal consisting both 1 mhz and 3 mhz on the oscilloscope (f1-f2,f1+f2). But I can only observe the 1mhz signal.
Does anybody know what the problem might be or what I am possibilly doing wrong here?
I really appreciate your help.

Hi everybody,
Im trying to test this frequency mixer (ADE-2ASK), and I have a couple of questions (My major isnt electrical engineering, so you may find them funny). I tried to test it using a signal generator. I feed the LO and RF inputs with 1mhz and 2mhz signals and I expected to see a signal consisting both 1 mhz and 3 mhz on the oscilloscope (f1-f2,f1+f2). But I can only observe the 1mhz signal.
Does anybody know what the problem might be or what I am possibilly doing wrong here?
I really appreciate your help.

Did you apply the specified RF and LO power levels? Usually LO is +10 dBm approx while RF is much lower. Usig an oscilloscope is not a good method to test a mixer. Try a spectrum analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back