Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FR-4 material for antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

noraa

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'm newbie here..I'm trying to design aperture coupled antenna and using FR-4 material for operating frequency 2.4GHz. I tried to vary the FR-4 thickness but I'm confusing with the standard range of FR-4 thickness because the datasheet shows 0.05-100mm..As I know the common one is 1.6mm..Can anybody clarify about this and what is the standard thickness available in the market?Kindly help me..Tqvm~

hi
FR-4 1.6 is common type of substrate and u can find less than this too but its hard too
u can find 60 , 40 ,30 , 20 , 15 and 10 mil of each substrate and more than 60 mil is exist

FR4 thickness is no limit.
The factory can make multi-layer FR4 together to meet your requirements.

I believe you can easily find variety of FR-4 substrates in the market. Just a small thing to add, FR-4 is not a very reliable substrate especially for high frequencies. At least buying from a known brand would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back