Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA kit for beginner as well as advanced level

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodlust

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have over 1year of industry experience of verifying design of various protocols like usb,pci etc on behavioral level.

Now I want to implement these at RTL level but i dont have much knowledge of RTL simulation/synthesis

So i have decided to purchase a kit but have no knowledge in this regard

Kindly guide me in purchasing an FPGA kit and a good book for the same considering beginner as well as advanced level for implementing various ieee protocols to get a good hand in RTL

My budget is $500

Thanks in advance

Well, to qualify for academic pricing you need to be a student or someone working in academic environment. In case you don't fall in either of them, get a hold of some university friend/prof. and get it on their behalf.

Academic Pricing

Many of our system boards qualify for special academic pricing. To qualify for academic pricing, you must be a student or work for a qualifying academic institution, and use the board for academic purposes such as class work or research. To get the academic price, click on the (Academic) add-to-cart button on the product page. Then during the checkout process, you must fill out the Academic Pricing Validation questionnaire. Your academic information will be verified by Digilent and shared with our Alliance partners.

Well, to qualify for academic pricing you need to be a student or someone working in academic environment. In case you don't fall in either of them, get a hold of some university friend/prof. and get it on their behalf.

I got one using same procedure ;)

$500 is about the price of xilinx's Spartan6 dev board. That board has a Gbe PHY, as well as PCIe. The S6 doesn't have a hard GMAC though, so you'll have to find or write the code if you want ethernet. They also have a low cost board without the higher speed IO.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Keep in mind the FPGAs are LX16 and LX45 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back