Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga emulation - problem with cable connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

menagarani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga emulation

im havin XC 3S400 fpga kit with me. while im downloading the program to the kit , im getting a message like this. 'check the cable connection'.
plzz help me with needful

Re: fpga emulation

Can you tell me the cable that you are using to download your bit file.Usually it should be a Xilinx platform cable.

it is the cable provided by the kit vendor itself. i dont remember its specification

OK then do you get an error window in imapct asking you to check cable connection and the voltages ???? If the error message tells you to check for voltages then it could be problem with the JTAG chain.... And by the way have you installed the cable drivers in your computer????Does the LED in your programming cable glow and changes color when you connect it to your board?If either of the things does not happen then it is a driver issue..It will be better if you can paste the messages that you get in the console when you initialize the scan chain:D

menagarani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i got cleared by myself. actually the problem is due to improper cable fixture between my PC and the FPGA board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back