Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA, CPLD in Egypt ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IC design in egypt!!!!...its still too much far to be real...actually i baught the xsa-50 board from xess website about 1000 EPounds..1000 Epounds just to learn...the way of thinking in egypt is the main reason that there will never be a FPGA or IC fabrication in egypt....only jelous jelous jelous jelous....even the professors in universities brake you down..they want you to be a professional while you still a novice user of fpga's,cplds..asking for imaginary projects like image recognition system, a finger print authenticator or a USB module(these equals thousands of dollars with the corporation of many engineers and they want you to make it:D)...they dont encourage you to be better...rarly help you...always make fun of your progress...just brake you down....actually in egypt you can think about programming or networking....but if you want to be good using FPGA's,CPLDS you must take it as a hoppy not as a career coz no one will help you in this country....dont give up man..take my advice and concentrate what the market needs(programming,networking)....when you earn money then you can buy what you like through internet..dreaming to be a system designer selling systems with thousands of pounds is useless unless you live other place so dont waste your time with dreams....you still a student and you dont know whats the real life is even if some greed professors try to make this too much bigger than it is in real(you know its a habit in the egyptians)

good luck

wolfheart_2001 said:
IC design in egypt!!!!...its still too much far to be real...actually i baught the xsa-50 board from xess website about 1000 EPounds..1000 Epounds just to learn...the way of thinking in egypt is the main reason that there will never be a FPGA or IC fabrication in egypt....only jelous jelous jelous jelous....even the professors in universities brake you down..they want you to be a professional while you still a novice user of fpga's,cplds..asking for imaginary projects like image recognition system, a finger print authenticator or a USB module(these equals thousands of dollars with the corporation of many engineers and they want you to make it:D)...they dont encourage you to be better...rarly help you...always make fun of your progress...just brake you down....actually in egypt you can think about programming or networking....but if you want to be good using FPGA's,CPLDS you must take it as a hoppy not as a career coz no one will help you in this country....dont give up man..take my advice and concentrate what the market needs(programming,networking)....when you earn money then you can buy what you like through internet..dreaming to be a system designer selling systems with thousands of pounds is useless unless you live other place so dont waste your time with dreams....you still a student and you dont know whats the real life is even if some greed professors try to make this too much bigger than it is in real(you know its a habit in the egyptians)

good luck

well
Sorry Mr. wolfheart, as far as i know, Mentor graphics has a complete team called HDS, concerns FPGA and things you said they arent in EGypt:D, also, there is really Ic design in egypt, and growing very fast, i think you are sooooo pessimistic and you are saying info. about things you didnt know at all

wolfheart_2001 said:

good luck

Let's not give up. We can save and collect money from STUDENTS and build a fab for STUDENTS after 20 years and ban professors from using it. VIVA LA REVOLUTION. I think che guevara would do that if he was an engineering student in an arab country.

wolfheart ,

i just wanted to know if you have payed any importing duties on the xsa board ,

and how much did u pay ?

if any one else know if there is any importing tax on the fpga boards plz tell me and thank you.

i started programming before i got into engineering , at that time i knew a few who are interested in programming.

but suddenly , programming exploded everywhere with these "certified" centers.

i have a CCNA certification , when i started it i thought i have to study hard and understand the material to be able to pass the test .

but then it came the shock , i was introduced to the "Test king" which is a book that contains all the possible question that u could come across in the final test.

i memorized it , i entered the test and i passed , me and some other people who i knew have no interest in computers what so ever .

i also know that this test king is available for a lot of courses , so now what is the deal here.

how could i be a certified ccna , when all i had to do is to memorize this test king.

some of you will say that it depends on me , that i should study the course and understand it before i turn to the test king and memorize it , which i did.

but now what is the difference between me and any other certified ccna who just memorized the test king and forgot about the course material.

well i think this certified fenomenon is like a lot of things here , our grade in high school determines what college we should go and eventhually what courses we should be certified in.

i know now a lot of people who have a ccna certification, and their idea about the whole thing isn't beyond another entry in their cvs .

so u tell me that programming is the way to go , now i am not really sure about that .

the way things are going , i can tell that they will eventually make another test that shows if u r a real certified (basically a certified who understad what he have learnt) or a fake one , and if i happen to take this imaginary test i would be a "certified certified CCNA" :) .

thanx.

first mr.husseinadel
i know exactly what im saying....mentor graphics is the only large company concern about VHDL,verilog programming and synthesis tools in egypt...and this doesnt mean there is IC fabrication in egypt....if you know some other companies please post there websites and the IC's they already made!!!!...anyway thanx for your reply.

dear causeitso,

i know that its possible to pass a test only remembering test king faq's....but its not 100% correct..many of ccna materials need deep understanding and practice...so if you want my advice study these exams , pass the test coz in egypt they mostly concern about certificates...but you must understand the materials to prove your entity at work and to deal with real life problems you will encounter.

about the XSA-50 board, its now obsolete but there is newer XSA boards with more enhanced and bigger FPGA's....if you opened the xess.com website you will find "purchasing" link at the top of the webpage...there, you will find guidance for international purchasing and delivery.

good luck

wolfheart_2001 said:
first mr.husseinadel
i know exactly what im saying....mentor graphics is the only large company concern about VHDL,verilog programming and synthesis tools in egypt...and this doesnt mean there is IC fabrication in egypt....if you know some other companies please post there websites and the IC's they already made!!!!...anyway thanx for your reply.

good luck

Mentor Graphics is not a design company .. it's basically an EDA tools vendor .. yet, it may have couple of teams writing RTL .. something like the IP team or for some consultation .. but not for a silicon product .. it's non-sense if u can say that an EDA vendor is producing chips ! ..

At the same time, there are couple of design centers in Egypt .. most of them were mentioned before in this topic .. maybe someone can help with their products names .. I myself know that these companies are grawing, but I have no info about their tape-outs.

Mentor Graphics is not a design company .. it's basically an EDA tools vendor .. yet, it may have couple of teams writing RTL .. something like the IP team or for some consultation .. but not for a silicon product .. it's non-sense if u can say that an EDA vendor is producing chips ! ..

At the same time, there are couple of design centers in Egypt .. most of them were mentioned before in this topic .. maybe someone can help with their products names .. I myself know that these companies are grawing, but I have no info about their tape-outs.

Sorry, but i just have finished an internship in Mentor Graphics Egypt, MG do really alot of IP design both RTL and Silicon and further more Embedded Softwrae Design and they have a lot of products in the market

yasser_shoukry said:

Sorry, but i just have finished an internship in Mentor Graphics Egypt, MG do really alot of IP design both RTL and Silicon and further more Embedded Softwrae Design and they have a lot of products in the market

What kind of Internship ? .. is it the iTi ? ..

omara007 said:
yasser_shoukry said:

What kind of Internship ? .. is it the iTi ? ..

No, I had the my internship in Volcano Team developing a bit level testing tool for a standard commnication bus .

Some Embedded Systems Companies in Egypt
XETRONIX Inc.

XEXTRONIX
is a leader in electronic systems design and integration.
Rezek Yosouf street, El-haram, Omrania, Giza, Egypt. Tel: 20 (2) 564-6881 Fax: 20 (2) 749-3145

Egypt Microsystems

Egypt Microsystems
Offers a full range of design services to get your idea to market faster. Our expertise covers hardware design, ASIC and FPGA design, Analog design, and more.
**broken link removed**

INCODE - The Embedded System
Based in Cairo, Egypt, we specialize in creating quality software applications to be operating in the different platforms. We take pride in our ability to go one step further and bring you a better product
Address :
56 Misr-Helwan agricultural road Badr tower, Maadi Cairo, Egypt Telephone/Fax (202) 3803393
**broken link removed**

Sigma Electronic Industries
Designing, assembling and manufacturing of electronic devices and equipments, manufacturing of electronic PCBs, manufacturing of control system devices Digital panel meters, digital multi-meters, Power factor controllers, static stabilizers
El Obour City, Area No.22, Block 13037, First Industrial Zone, Cairo , Egypt Tel: +(20) (2) 6651945, 6651946, 6651947 Fax: +(20) (2) 665 1947
http://www.sigma-electronics.com/

Egyptian Electronics Technology Company S.A.E. EETC
The Egyptian Electronics Technology Company is a PCB Assembly contractor with a state of the art manufacturing facility which employs the latest robotics available for the assembly, manufacturing and testing of the multi-layer PCB’s in THT, Manual and SMT formats from 0201 to CSP Packages with a total throughput of over 200,000 cph Egyptian Electronics Technology Company S.A.E. (EETC) Address :
6th of October City, Industrial Zone 2, Area 13C, Giza 12451, Egypt. Tel. : +202 8325430 Fax : +202 8325436
**broken link removed**

REEM (Research & Electronics Manufacturing)
was established as an Egyptian investment company for the purpose of design and manufacturing of electronic systems and their related software, as well as all related support, training and maintenance services Locations
4 Al-Ahram st.,Moqattam Upper Plateau, Cairo - EGYPT Tel (202) 5080191-92-93 (202) 5082380 FAX (202) 5077723
**broken link removed**

Electronics Design And Manufacturing WISSAM
WISSAM business lies mainly in innovative design & manufacturing of electronics equipment and systems, since 1991
6th OF October City , Lot 36, Fourth Industrial Zone Egypt . Zip Code: 12451 Phone : +202-3475610,+202-3475820 +202-8335166,+202-8335766 Fax : +202-3477210
http://www.wissamelectronics.com

Alfa Electronics
ALFA ELECRONICS has been established since 1987 for the manufacturing of PCB and assembly of electronic circuits, boards and equipment
5 Misr Development Bldgs. - 2nd stage Airport Road - Heliopolis Cairo, Egypt Tel/Fax (20) 2-2669881 / 2660184 / 2672816 / (20) 12-2301720
http://www.alfa-electronix.com/

yousif said:
Some Embedded Systems Companies in Egypt
XETRONIX Inc.

XEXTRONIX
is a leader in electronic systems design and integration.
Rezek Yosouf street, El-haram, Omrania, Giza, Egypt. Tel: 20 (2) 564-6881 Fax: 20 (2) 749-3145

Egypt Microsystems

Egypt Microsystems
Offers a full range of design services to get your idea to market faster. Our expertise covers hardware design, ASIC and FPGA design, Analog design, and more.
h**p://www.egyptmicrosystems.com/

INCODE - The Embedded System
Based in Cairo, Egypt, we specialize in creating quality software applications to be operating in the different platforms. We take pride in our ability to go one step further and bring you a better product
Address :
56 Misr-Helwan agricultural road Badr tower, Maadi Cairo, Egypt Telephone/Fax (202) 3803393
h**p://www.incode.com.eg/

Sigma Electronic Industries
Designing, assembling and manufacturing of electronic devices and equipments, manufacturing of electronic PCBs, manufacturing of control system devices Digital panel meters, digital multi-meters, Power factor controllers, static stabilizers
El Obour City, Area No.22, Block 13037, First Industrial Zone, Cairo , Egypt Tel: +(20) (2) 6651945, 6651946, 6651947 Fax: +(20) (2) 665 1947
h**p://www.sigma-electronics.com/

Egyptian Electronics Technology Company S.A.E. EETC
The Egyptian Electronics Technology Company is a PCB Assembly contractor with a state of the art manufacturing facility which employs the latest robotics available for the assembly, manufacturing and testing of the multi-layer PCB’s in THT, Manual and SMT formats from 0201 to CSP Packages with a total throughput of over 200,000 cph Egyptian Electronics Technology Company S.A.E. (EETC) Address :
6th of October City, Industrial Zone 2, Area 13C, Giza 12451, Egypt. Tel. : +202 8325430 Fax : +202 8325436
h**p://www.eetc-egypt.com/

REEM (Research & Electronics Manufacturing)
was established as an Egyptian investment company for the purpose of design and manufacturing of electronic systems and their related software, as well as all related support, training and maintenance services Locations
4 Al-Ahram st.,Moqattam Upper Plateau, Cairo - EGYPT Tel (202) 5080191-92-93 (202) 5082380 FAX (202) 5077723
h**p://www.reem.com.eg/

Electronics Design And Manufacturing WISSAM
WISSAM business lies mainly in innovative design & manufacturing of electronics equipment and systems, since 1991
6th OF October City , Lot 36, Fourth Industrial Zone Egypt . Zip Code: 12451 Phone : +202-3475610,+202-3475820 +202-8335166,+202-8335766 Fax : +202-3477210
h**p://www.wissamelectronics.com

Alfa Electronics
ALFA ELECRONICS has been established since 1987 for the manufacturing of PCB and assembly of electronic circuits, boards and equipment
5 Misr Development Bldgs. - 2nd stage Airport Road - Heliopolis Cairo, Egypt Tel/Fax (20) 2-2669881 / 2660184 / 2672816 / (20) 12-2301720
h**p://www.alfa-electronix.com/

first company has no website

www.egyptmicrosystems.com is under construction

www.incode.com.eg (only 2 software products)

The other companies products are just a replica of students graduation projects

we are speaking about IC fabrication or design but non of theses products really deserve wasting time or money using FPGA or even CPLD... microcontrollers alone can do all the work in these (products)
Eventhough...there is a hope.

wolfheart_2001 said:
first mr.husseinadel

dear causeitso,

i know that its possible to pass a test only remembering test king faq's....but its not 100% correct..many of ccna materials need deep understanding and practice...so if you want my advice study these exams , pass the test coz in egypt they mostly concern about certificates...but you must understand the materials to prove your entity at work and to deal with real life problems you will encounter.

about the XSA-50 board, its now obsolete but there is newer XSA boards with more enhanced and bigger FPGA's....if you opened the xess.com website you will find "purchasing" link at the top of the webpage...there, you will find guidance for international purchasing and delivery.

good luck

Hello
as i told you , you are claiming without knowledge, i dont know from where you got this big certainity you are talking with, although i am working now in a company that had made and has been already testing a complete ic chip, and works very well , so, i will not say more about that but may be soon you will see a topic in alahram newspaper talking about something you dont believe it is happening
regards

MSSN said:
wolfheart_2001 said:
IC design in egypt!!!!...its still too much far to be real...
good luck
omara007 said:
I never heard of a company taping out a real product that was sold in the market, and was completely designed in Egypt.
Please check the following url
https://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/07/30/2822953.htm

Well .. I believed that SWS stands for (Smart Wireless Systems) .. not (Si-Ware Systems) ..

Anyhow .. I do want Egypt to be better and better in this field .. but to my knowledge, we don't Design & Tapeout SoCs .. at least either part of the design is done outside the country, or the backend .. (please note that I'm talking about Digital Systems, not Analog or mixed) ..

This fact doesn't harm Egypt .. what harms Egypt the most is we don't push this fact toward a different state and be able to do the whole flow in land, and it's feasible .. I become more optimistic about that.

MSSN said:
wolfheart_2001 said:
good luck
omara007 said:
I never heard of a company taping out a real product that was sold in the market, and was completely designed in Egypt.
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/07/30/2822953.htm

links:

www.si-ware.com
www.sysdsoft.com
http://www.scenario-consultants.com/

and soon ; a new design centre will open in cairo called silicon vision, and another one in the phase of preparation

omara007 said:
MSSN said:
wolfheart_2001 said:
good luck
omara007 said:
https://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2007/07/30/2822953.htm

Well .. I believed that SWS stands for (Smart Wireless Systems) .. not (Si-Ware Systems) ..

Anyhow .. I do want Egypt to be better and better in this field .. but to my knowledge, we don't Design & Tapeout SoCs .. at least either part of the design is done outside the country, or the backend .. (please note that I'm talking about Digital Systems, not Analog or mixed) ..

This fact doesn't harm Egypt .. what harms Egypt the most is we don't push this fact toward a different state and be able to do the whole flow in land, and it's feasible .. I become more optimistic about that.

SWS becomes Si-Ware Systems , you could visit the site, as shown in the press release ; SWS delivered a successful product that enters volume production

wolfheart_2001 said:
good luck

I wonder what's your point ? Cant you believe that Egypt can have IC design ? well, you should do because this is the truth...

I'd like to tell you that in Egypt, I'm working now with 90nm CMOS technology, and my close friends are working with 65nm. both in real projects with real customers...

what would you call this ??

wolfheart_2001 said:

There are new departments opening in Newport Media Inc....and they're strongly hiring....Silicon Vision has started already as Omara said..they're doing analog and mixed signal designs...they're an alias from EnsphereSolutions in Cali....SWS are already designing with cutting edge techno...and there's a new team in SysDsoft too....so just stop being pessimistic and have more patience...we're improving man...!

Great info here, please keep us updated,, how's the industry in 2010 ? what are the design companies working in Egypt nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.