Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Banks Charactristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

amin_8460

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there

First, I state my problem: I need to connect a high speed SRAM to a Xilinx FPGA. May I use different banks of FPGA for the signals of SRAM or I must use one bank.( I will make same length for both situation)
my question is: Is there any timing characteristic difference between banks? is there any appropriate document?

Thanks in advance for any direction.

Yes, there is documentation. Lots and lots of it. You should read it. And, yes, you can use different banks, you just have to make sure you configure them for the proper IO type. Depending on which FPGA you are using, different banks MAY have different capabilities. (For example, in the Xilinx 7 series there are two types of banks, high range, and high performance.) But there is overlap between the banks (both types support 1.8V IO, for example)

Hi
I'm using Spartan6 but I could not find relative document to answer exactly my question.

Hi
I read this documents already. I think I couldn't clear my question.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.