Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

for error corrction using reed solomon or sutable method

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha173a

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i used to error correction of 8 bit data using CRC method.after crc calculation the transmit frame consist the 11 bit data. and i want to suitable method for error correction process to correct error after error detection . so can you help me for do error correction using reed solomon or any other suitable method. thank you

Hi
In order to do error correction of even a single bit you require minimum distance of code to be at least 3. By Hamming bound you can easily find that for un-coded data length of 8 bits, minimum redundancy required is that of 4 bits. So, you cannot correct errors with only three bits of redundancy. If you add one more bit to the code length then it will be possible to do error correction.

MHanif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back