Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For advanced: BB3584 amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomeeh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bb3584

Hello.

I need to build an amplifier meeting the following requirements:

Output voltage: +/- 120V
Output current: 15mA
Full power bandwith: 10kHz
Slew rate: < 10V/µs

The Texas Instruments page returned BB3584 amplifier, but I see 2 problems here:
1. This amplifier is not recommended for a new design (NRND) - do you know why? Did anybody experience any problems with this IC?
2. It is expensive - about 220$

I have 2 questions:
1. Have anybody tried this amplifier? Is there something wrong in it?
2. Do you know any other IC meeting my requirements? The circuits with discrete elements like transistors etc. are higlhy welcome.

Thank you in advance for your help.

The reason that the IC you mention is not recommended for new design is that Ti is about to remove it from the production line and it is about to become obsolete.
How much gain do you need from your amplifier? Try building one with an opamp using a lower voltage supply and a transistor output stage with gain (say 1:10) and include the output stage in the opamp feedback.

ptmsl said:
The reason that the IC you mention is not recommended for new design is that Ti is about to remove it from the production line and it is about to become obsolete.
Yes, this I understand very well, but the question is: Why TI is going to remove it?! Sometimes, some parts are removed, because there are a better solutions, but there is no any alternative for 3584 produced by TI.

ptmsl said:
How much gain do you need from your amplifier?
Gain will be set to G = 10 (the input signal will be in range +/-12V).

ptmsl said:
Try building one with an opamp using a lower voltage supply and a transistor output stage with gain (say 1:10) and include the output stage in the opamp feedback.
Can you give me any ideas about the output stage? Do you recommend:
1. 1 or 2 transistors?
2. NPN+PNP, NPN+NPN etc.?
3. FET transistors?
I'll be thankfull for any circuit (schematic).

Sorry but companies usually romove components from their product portfolio when they do not sell enough to maintain a production line.
About the output stage I had something like this in mind. This is only the principle not a full schematic. I believe that a gain of 8-10 for the output stage will be enough to keep the opamp from clipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.