Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FMS3818 VGA (DISPLAY OF IMAGE )

Status
Not open for further replies.

honnaraj.t

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fms3818 what the sync is used for

HI,
i am working on CYCLONE-II, for my project i need to use the FMS3818 tripledac...... for this DAC i need to generate HSYNC and VSYNC signals .... how i can generate this signals and what was the timings of the signal ???

2) i am planning to generate some image( self generated) on the memory and by using some driver planning to read the memory content and display through the VGA display.........

please can any one give me the idea to create the image on memory and how to design driver to read memory content............. thanks in adavance.....please if you have any material please upload...it will help me a lot

you dont need to generate HSYNC and VSYNC signals for this DAC.

Your VGA controller must generate them, and they must be feeded directly to the D-sub VGA connector.

For the DAC, you must supply your VGA clock. For example, if your VGA controller runs on 25MHz you must feed usually 180deg shifted 25MHz clock to the VGA_PIXEL_CLOCK of the DAC.

and of cuz your RGBA signals must be feeded to the DAC.

also toggle BLANK = 1, and SYNC = 0 in order to display image.

honnaraj i failed to understan why u r using DAC. IS FMS3818 chip monted on ur board.

As far as i remember u were working on the project of driver awakening device.

Why u r going for a self generated image?
How u r planning to input an image on ur CYCLONE 2?

sorry i didnt explain my project fully...........
actually i am trying to do graphics accelerator on FPGA(i used opengl concept)....
so in the begining stage i am working on out put side....so i am trying develop my own image on memory then display on the screen.......................................

thanks for reply .... i didnt understand how to calculate the frequency for 320x240 resolution screen .................... if you have any idea please tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.