Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

float to binary number

Status
Not open for further replies.

revathivenkat

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i want to multiply a float value 0.707 and 3 in binary.....how to convert 0.707 into binary and multiply with binary value of 3......any one help me....

i want to multipliy 0.707 X 3 in binary form...how to do that.....

You need to decide about a suitable number presentation for the decimal fractional number, e.g. fixed point binary.

hi,
if you are using fixed point multiplication multiply the fractional number with a constant say 100,represent it in a fixed point format(same as 3) and do the multiplication in same number format.

vny

Binary fixed point number formats are using 2^N scaling factors to allow easy scaling of multiply results. In the present case, a factor of 256 (8 fractional bits) is suffcient to represent the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back