Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First Encounter Metal Layer Warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

inputoutput

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I get the following warnings during clock tree synthesis:

#WARNING (NREX-28) The height of the first routing layer M1 is 0.000000. It should be larger than 0.000000
#WARNING (NREX-29) The metal thickness of routing layer M1 is 0.000000. It should be larger than 0.0. Add this to the technology information for better accuracy.
#WARNING (NREX-30) Please also check the height and metal thickness values for the routing layers heigher than routing layer M1
#WARNING (NREX-4) No Extended Cap Table was imported. Not enough process information was provided either and default Extended Cap Table database will be used.

I have checked my LEF file and the widths of the metal layers have been defined. After CTS, Encounter returns over 1000 violations (related to shorts). There are no violations encountered after placement.
What could be the problem?

Last edited:

what technology is this? some technologies don't want you to do any M1 routing.

Seems like there may be an ancillary technology definition
that is not loaded, doesn't exist or lacks detail.

Height I suppose is really the underlying oxide thickness
above substrate, thickness is (or should be) self-
explanatory.

Whether this is omission (to force style) or absence,
needs you to drill down in the setup you've got (and
maybe read some foundry PDK design notes).

@ThisIsNotSam and @dick_freebird I've confirmed that some files/settings are indeed missing. Nothing much I can do about that. Thanks for you suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back