Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finite-ground singlewire layout simulation in Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicRF

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I tried a finite-ground singlewire layout simulation in Momentum for a 7-metal process. I chose AM as the signal layer and M1 as the ground layer. The ground layer has the same length and a three-time width as the signal layer. Two 50ohm ports are made by AM layer. Then I ran S-parameter simulation in Momentum. However, the results were not consistent with those from the singlewire simulation in Cadence Spectre with using the same process.

Singlewire is so simple that I don't think there should be large difference between Momentum and Cadence results. But...

I doubt if I drew layout correctly in Momentum. The results in Momentum maintained the same if I removed the ground layer I drew. Does finite ground have big influence on the result?

thanks.

This problem is described in @DS momentum help.
You should use internal port and ground reference instead of single port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back