Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fingerprint image procesing in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.
lovable_bhavin said:
Hello All,

I am doing fingerprint verification as my final year project. I am using histogram equilization and Fourier transform for image enhancement and threshold method for binarization. I have done upto Thinning and now all my ridges are 1 pixel wide. But I am confused in Minutiae extraction. And how can I save and retrive that image? Can anyone please help me??

Hi leek you can perhaps help me with the solution. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Im not very sure about minutiae extraction, as Im not doing using this method. You can search along the topics here, if not mistaken, somebody posted some code about minutiae extraction here.

hi, I'm very interest in this project!

Added after 6 minutes:

where can i but the fingerprint sensor? I'm in china.

Hi I m also doing same for this project but have to add some database so that it can identify the same fingerprint with the same fingerprint being 'reload' again
Currently I stuck at Minutiae extraction and also how can I create a dtabase using Matlab?

Thanks in advance

Added after 2 hours 2 minutes:

Hi there ,first of all ,sorry for give you all trouble .
After read the Thai 's thesis ,I already understand but how can I actually make a 'box' same like the Thai's thesis in figure 3.5 ,can somebody sow me the method?

Thanks

hello friends
u may find database and other information from these sites

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

//Fingerprint database set available at

-------------------------------------------------------------------

**broken link removed**

---------------------------------------------------------------

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com