Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finding and plotting E and H planes from an analytical expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmarocco

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I would like to clarify my ideas on E and H plane of an antenna starting from an analytical expression of eletric filed.

For example I am looking to E and H planes starting from the following expression which represents the electric field of a dipole over ground plane oriented along the z axis (the ground plane il parallel to the z axis) The field expression is in the image attached to the post E field.jpg

where θ^ is the unitary vector.
The E plane should contain the direction of maximum radiation that is the zy plane (the maximum of the electric field is for theta=0.5*pi and phi=0.5*pi. The H plane is perpendicular to the E plane (xy plane) Is it correct or wrong?

How to plot the expression for example using Matlab? I wrote the following code but I am not sure

theta=0:0.01*pi:pi;
phi=0:0.01*pi:pi;% because of the ground plane
E=((sin(theta)).^1.5).*(sin(0.5*pi*sin(theta)));%phi=0.5*pi
e=abs(E);
H=sin((0.5*pi*sin(phi)));
h=abs(H);
subplot(2,1,1)
polar(theta,e);
title('E plane');
subplot(2,1,2)
polar(phi,h);
title('H plane');