Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

find phase relation between two waves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i am confused here and wanted to ask if anybody can help me here,

in period of 2*pi, if i have two waves-
cos(2*x+pi) and cos(y+pi)

what is the relation between x and y?

thanks

Well, I am confused, too. What do you mean "what is the relation"?

x is unknown; y is unknown==> relation is unknown.

The phase difference between the two waves is 2x-y. Is that significant?

Actually, you seem to be missing something. If x and y are constants, your two signals are also constants. Is there supposed to be a "t" in there somewhere?

Last edited:

hi,

x and y are angle variables (say theta and alpha) so take x=w*t = 2*pi*f1*t and y =2*pi*f2*t

how do i find the phase difference 2x-y = ? , need two equation, for x and y but i only need their relation so what i am looking for is relation like this 2x-y = pi, then y =2x-pi for example

so i am looking for phase difference value given that the one wave makes 1 cycle in 2pi period and another wave makes 2 cycle in 2pi period

i am not clear what i need to know to find phase difference

thanks

You can check their cross correlation functions and you can find the relation between two of them.

3aa0f20ebd9e984d8a17642c11d43de2.png

Tao is the time difference.

What exactly are you trying to do? Your descriptions do not make sense. Please provide more clear information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back