Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feko Helperror:' two triangles overlap but no common edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseem44

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Feko Help

some feko expert plz help me

I have designed an enclosure with honey comb the mesh gives error.
The error message says' two triangles overlap but no common edge. I dont konw how to find whrere on mesh error lies an how to remove. It gives triangle numbers how can one find out these number triangles in feko.

looking forward to receiving some urgent response
waseem

Re: Feko Help

Go into CADFEKO and select your mesh in the tree. Then go to menu item:

Find - Find in whole model - free mesh triangle edges.

CADFEKO will highlight the edges of triangles that are not shared with other triangles, so if you see such an edge where it should be a shared edge, you've found the problem.

Else... in POSTFEKO click on the "Find" button (The binoculars on the left). Type the number of the triangle that error reports into the "Triangles" box and click "Search" to find the triangle.

waseem44

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

My honey comb project gives error of patches overlap or triangles overlap but no common edge. I am unable to remove the error some one plz help me on how to remove such errors in feko. I have tried free mesh edges but it says no free edges, i also tried changing the size of mesh but still
thanks

Do the sides of honeycomb cells touch? If so... did you remember to use the union operator? Select all elements of the honeycomb in the Geometry tree and click "Union". Then remesh and see what happens.

In CADFEKO you can also select the mesh in the "Meshes" tree and use the following menu item to find out where the intersecting problems are:

"Find - Find in whole model - Intersecting mesh triangles"

You can then zoom into the area with the problem and fix the geometry problems that cause the intersecting triangles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back