Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

facing what challenge analog ic design in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
facing what challenge is analog ic design in the future?

I think the implementation of system with SOC for high frequency application would be a near future challenge for Analog IC design.

Rgds

Most analog intergrated circuit in the past worked on application at low freqeuncy that microwave issues did not rise . I think the challenge will be designing IC in the giga hertz range .

i think it will be integrating more block in circuit which are analog / mix signal.

power consumption reduction would be major issue as analog part drain much static power by bias current

/ue

Hi

Analog IC desing must face main challenges: area reduction and higher frequencies. The first one implies smaller channel length, larger scale of integration. But, their drawbacks concerns with cuantic 'bussines'. Every more near to smaller measures, more complicated turns the physical model.

By other hand, the future of IC analog design must to realize in higher frequencies, as above hundreds of gigahertz. Example, microwave, ligth beam, or x-rays shall replace the RF electron flow (I guess so :eek:k: )

the main challenge is the shrinking process
can we go beyond 300n?

I would put integrating the antenna along with the transciever chip as the single most important challenge. Active integrated antrennas are starting to appear but I guess it is still very nascent and is existent mainly in the academic community. Huge challenges with respect to packaging also.

-svarun

integrating RF ,mixsignal, and digital into one die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back