Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eye diagram for clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

surianova

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a few Question to ask regarding the digital circuit. Example for clock, do we check the eyediagram for clock and make sure the eye diagram is symentrical ? or we just check the duty cycle for clock to make sure 50 % and ignore the eyediagram? As i know , normally we will check eyediagram for analog circuit but i am not sure about digital circuit. 'This is very important because the clock will be use a reference clock for my PLL. Thanks for all your answer and feedback...

Normally we generate eye diagram to check jitter, overshoot, undershoot, rise/fall time, mask margin etc. For clock, it is just digital pulses with fast rise/fall time. You will not get much info from the eye diagram.

I don't think you are able to generate an eye diagram from a clock signal (1010). The eye diagram is generated from a PRBS signal such as PRBS7 or PRBS23, etc..

For a clock signal the important parameters are rise/fall time, RMS jitter (phase noise), Vout_pp vs. Frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back