Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External EEPROM and Interrupt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzare

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys I'm currently using a P16F877A and set up a frequency counter program which uses the CCP1 module and interrupt to capture a reading and then write the reading into external eeprom.
I disable all interrupts before writing and reading the data from the eeprom and the values im getting from the eeprom are wrong. When I just printf the readings straight to the screen via rs232 im getting accurate values.
I will be able to post the code tomorrow, but just wondered if there was something I have missed as I don't think my code is off it's simply something I am missing..
Any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

My guess is there's something wrong in your eeprom write algorithm. What device are you using? Does it need to be erased before writing?

do you erase the location in EEPROM before writing to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back