Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

expression with indepent variable in dc analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsatt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all, I am trying to plot an expression in cadence which is based upon an independent variable from which the dc analysis is done.

The error keeps stating that "variable" is an unbound variable, or in other words, undefined. Is there any way to access this variable used by spectre?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

What kind of variable is this?Is it a variable defined by you in ADE L?

Exactly. This is the transistor width. I have run a dc sweep based on the transistor width and now I need to plot an exression which is based on this variable. When I try to plot it I ecounter with an error. (unbound variable)
Thank.

Maybe you have given this variable a name that is not accepted by spectre because it is already used by the transistor's CDF.So,what is the name you have chosen for the variable and how did you define it in ADE L environment?

I dont think if it is a problem as I have tried different name. I just added it in my ADE. Is there any alternative way?
Something silly is I tried to use a trick and plot the Weff from the result browser->output parameter ino->mn0->Weff, it gives a constant value and does not even notice that the width of the transistor is varying!!!
Thanks again jimito

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

I guess now the wisest approach is to export data and handle any kinds of graph in Matlab!

I dont think if it is a problem as I have tried different name. I just added it in my ADE. Is there any alternative way?

I think your setup has something wrong and that's why you can't finalize the dc analysis as you desire.First choose a name for your variable then add it in ADE and give it an initial value (whatever but in an acceptable range).
From the dc analysis form choose to run with a design variable,select it from the form and give the sweep range (again acceptable values).Finally run the analysis and from Direct Plot-->Main Form menu plot the desired graph along with a
selection on schematic.

If the variable name in ADE is "W", you can call it in the calculator as VAR("W").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back