Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting data from Cadence ADE or from VIVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthy_maya

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for the dumping the variable from cadence ADE/VIVA for a particular instant of time. I am running a trans simulation, I need to export the data for a particular instant of time into a txt/xls/csv file so I can use it to plot trend curves. I was using markers and noting down the values, but now my number of variable is increasing, i find it a bit difficult.

can anyone help!!

Thank you!!
Aarthy M

You can do it with cadence calculator. Choose your VT signal and click on button "Evaluate the buffer and display the results in a table", after that you can save table as csv file.

You can do it with cadence calculator. Choose your VT signal and click on button "Evaluate the buffer and display the results in a table", after that you can save table as csv file.

I am aware of it, but that will export my entire time scale, as i mentioned I am only interested in a particular time, say if I run 0-200ns trans analysis, I want to export the data value only at for ex: 100ns. I don't want data from the whole time scale(x axis).

Thanks!
Aarthy

if you want to export only one value then use "value" function:
Code:
value(VT("/your signal") 100n   )

Or, if you want to export data values from specific time interval, use "clip" function:
Code:
clip(VT("/your signal") 30n 50n )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back