Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

example program for pic16f84a and rs232 interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack// ani

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f84 rs232

hi all,

I need an example program written in pic ccs c, how to interface pic16f84a with rs232 port? Also how can I learn hyper terminal to send commands to uC? I’m newbie here, please help me.

Thanks

pic16f84a rs232

Hi Jack,

Dont have the code for CCS, im using Hi-T*ch. But i read some where here on the board, that on the CCS web site you can find some examples on how to use the RS-232.
Reagding the Hyper Terminal. I dont like that program... You can use one of this two that i like:
1. Docklight - Not free but +9 for features
2. TeraTerm - FREE. Can only give it +8.
Im sure there are other programs, and i probably tried them all, but this are easy and dont take to much resorses of your computer when they are runing.
Good luck.

pic16f84a programs

As terminal software you can use this one:
**broken link removed**
It is free.

As far as writing short code for communication with PC via the serial port you can write something like this: PIC is waithing for an ASCII character from PC (which you will send out from PC running terminal software by pressing a key from the keyboard ) and compares it to, say, x. If it is x then it sends y to serial port. (getch and putch) ..

Last edited by a moderator:

rs232 pic16f84

There are several such examples on **broken link removed**

Regards,
Pavel

pic16f84a examples

I use this terminal program, much better than hyperterminal..also free.

**broken link removed**

rs232 pic16f84a

I have downloaded Docklight, and I feel it is very easy and good one.
Thanks to gidimiz for suggestion.

Added after 1 minutes:

Pavel said:
There are several such examples on **broken link removed**

Regards,
Pavel

Very nice link.

Status
Not open for further replies.