Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EVERYBODY is talking about INVISIBILITY being POSSIBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is invisibility possible

**broken link removed**
I saw this program on the HISTORY channel about technology to bend light .And render objets invisible .Then i did some research about it.And saw that there is a lot of interest all over the world .Everybody now wants to have this diabolic technology !!.What else could be the use of this .if is not to kill other human beings without being discovered.Yes i know some idiot will argue that is to fight crime ,But the real intent is to commit crime at the end .It seems that all the beautiful technologies that are being discovered or mastered have only one intent
to do HARM against the next generations of human beings .That's all i see in the research world ..THE NEXT GENERATION of evil WEAPONERY is being cooked in front of my eyes ..and i'm a witness incapable of stopping it !!

just type on google "invisibility cloaks" .You will find all about it .even research papers .I assume the real discoveries are "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY"!!!

here some early findings on METAMATERIALS at the microwave level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_fuZyHDuk

There is an incredible application of METAMATERIALS discovered in FRANCE ..my country .Is to divert sismic waves by using metamaterials in buildings
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090720105125.htm

about invisibility

I have heard that too. But I wouldn't expect too much too soon. The work is on its beginning stages and a practical application (if possible) is very far away.

As someone who actually does research in metamaterials/transformation optics, there's little chance that any type of practical cloak is anywhere close. Cloaks have been demonstrated at extremely limited effectiveness and only a couple times period. It's so new that hardly anyone has even looked at bandwidth of the cloaks.

Much of the research is funded by governments (CIA, DoD) but not anywhere near all. Cloaking gets the most interest but there are some amazing other applications of transformation optics.

Hyperlenses have been demonstrated near the optical level which should excite everyone. There are some very interesting applications involving antenna arrays, too, published this year in various places. Theoretically you can make lossless beam benders or beam splitters.

I wouldn't say the real intent is to commit crime. Current demonstrated cloaks have looked like dielectric boards of FR4 or something with copper printed traces and have demonstrated some cloaking at microwave frequencies. Anything like broadband optical cloaking is incredibly far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back