Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet transceiver selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek.2138

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For automotive telematics application (electric vehicle charging station), I need simple ethernet solution. Power over ethernet is not required.
Can anybody pls help me here. What is the selection criteria? Any IC / part suggestion ??

Ethernet interface with ESP32 module required. (ESP32 datasheet attached for reference).

Attachments

• esp32-wroom-32_datasheet.pdf
    401.5 KB · Views: 214

Hi,

Please tell
* what data you want to send/receive
* what ethernet protocol you want to use
* how many bytes per second maximum you want to send/receive
* why you want to use wired ethernet

ESP32 has WiFi, so you could buy a ethernet-WiFi router ... if you don't have already.

Klaus

Added:
There are ready-to-buy ethernet to serial solutions. Maybe they are programmable via Arduino, some use an Espressiv chip.

If the ESP32 is your CPU, I would consider a Wiznet ethernet module with SPI host interface. It gives you more flexibility than a serial-to-ethernet bridge which has usually limited protocol support and doesn't allow multiple connections.

Hi,

Please tell
* what data you want to send/receive
* what ethernet protocol you want to use
* how many bytes per second maximum you want to send/receive
* why you want to use wired ethernet

ESP32 has WiFi, so you could buy a ethernet-WiFi router ... if you don't have already.

Klaus

Added:
There are ready-to-buy ethernet to serial solutions. Maybe they are programmable via Arduino, some use an Espressiv chip.
Thanks KlausST for responding.
Below are the replies to your queries -

1) The application is in the tracking device for electric vehicle charging station. The station has replaceable lithium ion batteries. The data is the payment details for the replaceble batteries, battery details like part no., make, capacity etc.

2) I am new to ethernet technology, pls suggest what protocol is to be used.

3) Pls suggest the recommended speed bytes/sec for this application

4) Wired ethernet is to used as an alternate to wireless ethernet.

What part to be used? Ethernet tranciever or phy? I think switch is not required here.
Can you please suggest some parts for above application?
Supply voltage = 3.3V

Status
Not open for further replies.