Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266, ATmega8, Temperature and MIT App Inventor

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoalghareeb

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ESP8266,ATmega8,Temperature and MIT App Inventor

my project is Atmega8 connected to :
1-ESP8266 module by using serial port.
2-LM35 temperature sensor connected to ADC port
also I want to build a simple android app using MIT App Inventor to connect directly to wifi ESP module and show temperature
I have a good experience in avr microcontroller (I use codevision compiler ).
I search in google and youtube a lot of time but there are alot of different ideas ,I want a simple way to build my project

Re: ESP8266,ATmega8,Temperature and MIT App Inventor

Hi,

You missed to ask a detailed question.

Klaus

If you have few I/O 's to handle, should also consider using the ESP8266 standalone, what means, acting as CPU, not as a "shield" module. It is possible to run Arduino sketches on it. I took this approach to one of my last designs. The MIT application inventor is a nice tool to build programs for Android, but just for small applications; it is very difficult to deal with it as the program get more and more functionalities, particularly on different screens (it has limitations to reuse resources from one to another). A side note: There were announced that a new version of MIT Application Inventor is about to be released with support for IOS as well, which is a strong argument for choosing this platform for developing small programs for mobile.

Reactions: vishnuk

vishnuk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi,

I agree with andre_teprom. Using atmega is a wastage in this case. The esp itself can do temperature monitoring and cloud uploading etc.. If you only need to take data from LM35, that means you just need a single GPIO then ESP-01 is the best choice. If you need more GPIO's, use ESP-12. These chips can be easily programmed using Arduino IDE and lots of guides are availabe out there.. For basic starter to create apps in MIT app Inventor, this link will help you...
https://noobtechiespeaks.blogspot.in/2014/10/android-app-to-connect-to-thingspeak.html

Thank you
In fact I need more than temperature and I use ESP_01
Is there a library support ESP8266 in avr codevision
What I need is very simple. I just want to send a string from atmega8 and resieve it on android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back