Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP32 to control (on/off) USB power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacsophonist

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an ESP32 that sends GPIO signals to trigger relays that turn on and off my connected 5V & 12V consumer devices (router, security cam, etc.).
Some devices are connected to clunky 12V to 5V buck converters.
I'm working on getting rid of the relays & bucks, with the goal of creating 1 PCB that solves my whole project.

Is there a current module on the market that would accept a GPIO signal to turn on/off power to a USB port 5V 3A?
The closest example of a USB module I can find (with schematic) is This Example, but I'm not sure if the IC would accept a GPIO trigger signal, this part is over my head.

Solution
Seems to fit the bill. The only caveat is there seems to be no definitive statement
the PWM output drivers shut off, I may be blind as a bat could not find that.

Regards, Dana.

Reactions: zacsophonist

zacsophonist

Pointed me towards an IC function I overlooked, allowing me to learn more about what I'm building.
It seems there are two versions of the component:
-This one is locked in PWM mode
-The other is a PFM version that allows for high efficiency at light loads.
If I'm understanding that correctly, since I'll be constantly drawing 3A from it, this FPWM version would be best for my application.

Thanks for your help with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back