Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error when trying to use mimcap in pdk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kparrish

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm getting this error when i try to use a mimcap in my IBM PDK. all my other components seem to work.

*Error* index: argument #1 should be a string (type template = "tS") - nil
<<< Stack Trace >>>
(... in tl9lpMimcapCB ...)
(... in cdfAppendParamFields ...)
(... in unknown ...)
funobj@0x136b80b8()
(... in schiCreateInstCellNameCB ...)
schiCreateInstCellNameCB(schCreateInstForm 'cellName)
(... in ddsiSetFieldValue ...)
(... in ddsServSelect ...)
ddsServSelect("rf9flp" "mimcap" "")
(... in ddsSelectCB ...)
ddsSelectCB("rf9flp" "mimcap" "")
(... in schHiCreateInst ...)
schHiCreateInst()
*WARNING* (SCH-1156) CDF parameter function has problem.

any ideas?

Hi,

There are a number of things which might be the problem here.

I suspect you are missing a SKILL file.
CDF parameters need only be created to the device once - this means, it DOES NOT have to be defined every time you start Virtuoso.

However, CDF parameters can be using callbacks, i.e. SKILL codes which actively define/modify CDF parameter behaviour during designing.
These callback SKILL codes are loaded every time the library is initiated (look for a libInit.il or libInit.ile file in the PDK).
So, inside your PDK, either there are SKILL files missing (usually files with extension .il or .ile) or the libInit.il file is not loading the SKILL files properly.

Having said that, is there a possibility you might have modified the original CDF in the PDK?
In the Command Interface Window , there is the tab, Tools > CDF > Edit , which you should not touch unless you know what you are doing.

Best regards,
I-FAB

Thanks for your reply - what should I do with the libInit.il file? also wouldn't a libary not initiating affect all my components, not just this single mimcap?

I-FAB,

His other devices are working fine, only mimcap isnt.. seems like issue with mimcap only.
The problem seems with your Device's improper CDF call backs, I may be happening
1. when you are placing this device and placing it gives error (even for default values )
or
2 when you are opening edit property form and setting some values.

In case of second , try setting one value at a time and catch the culprit CDF.
Then ask your pdk team to check mimcap on there end.

I think you are using IBM cms9flp for design
Try creating a new library from "IBM_PDK -> Library -> Create" in CIW instead of creating libraries from library manager.
I got the same problem but it worked for me if libraries were created from the IBM_PDK menu.

zack

if this IBM PDK works like the RF series you need:
- the correct context file call in your .cdsinit
- attach IBM parameters and techlib to all your design libraries (the IBM parameters can be attached to an existing library using the IBM menu)

I think you are using IBM cms9flp for design
Try creating a new library from "IBM_PDK -> Library -> Create" in CIW instead of creating libraries from library manager.
I got the same problem but it worked for me if libraries were created from the IBM_PDK menu.

zack

I encountered the same problem, but when I created library from IBM_PDK, the problem gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back