Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in ICFB window of IC5141 on FC7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IC5141 and FC7

if Fedaro's glibc support linuxthreads
ic5141<usr3 can work.
if not, try ic5141>=usr4.
good luck!

IC5141 and FC7

I don't think there is a OS problem. I have got this messages on RH8 (no messages before) but after modifiying my .cshrc I got this message. So the problem is in .cshrc file. Now I am going to find the rootcause by modifying my .cshrc step by step.

After my step by step change I have found that the root cause was I removed
"$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/bin" from my path.
there should be two pathes "$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/bin" and "$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/dfII/bin". But in my path there was only last one. As a result after starting "icfb" I got error message absolutely the same like in the first post:

"Warning (gdmiExecGetConfig): Got stderr from tdmgdmconfig command.
Error (gdmForkExec): Unable to run the tdmgdmconfig command: No such file or directory"

Re: IC5141 and FC7

Hi:

How are you? I am quite glad to see the board to discuss the IC5141 installation related problems.

Recently, in convenience of work, I bought a Note Book computer and tried to install IC5151 EDA tools in it. Unfortunately, it seems to fail. I think there may be two reasons as follows:

(1) I use Fedora core 8 to install it.

(2) I directly tared the installed tools in the workstation in my company and used flash to put it on my NB. Besides, I know the license file and source file must changed so the two things were all done.

The libXp.so.6 has been installed and I also found the following messages. Could some excellent engineers help me to solve the problems? Thanks so much~~~

X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
Serial number of failed request: 16
Current serial number in output stream: 31

Though FC8 is not a good OS for IC5141 but I think it still has method to conquer the problems.

Best Regards!!!

Dentice

Status
Not open for further replies.