Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

energy meter ade7758 / ade7754

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aum

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ade7758

hi....
i want to make my own 3 phase energy meter for the project (using ADE7754 or ADE7758)........
can any one help me from where to start n how to start .........
thanking you.......

ade7754

Hello,

As far as hardware is concerned every energy meter IC manufacturer has a reference design and application notes detailing issues and solutions. ADI, TI etc. all have quite a bit app notes those are quite informative. Searching on internet as energy meter will bring you many other manufacturers web pages for usefull applications.

TI's web page has programming apps for energy meter applicable their MSP430 microprocessors. Al in all you can get almost everything except details of programming related to IR interface and billing details.

If you are good with microprocessors, ready made reference design boards are useful to jumpstart mesuring energy right away! They are reasonably priced too.

ade7758 avr

Aum said:
hi....
i want to make my own 3 phase energy meter for the project (using ADE7754 or ADE7758)........
can any one help me from where to start n how to start .........
thanking you.......

hi
i make it with an avr mcu and with same metering ic (ade7758)

in first step you shoud read the datashhet and define the full scale off voltage and current then choos an ct for your current sensing
then calculate the shunt resistor and voltage devider resistor
then follow the datashhet and design a pcb for your project.

if you have eny question please send me an email
mfarsani@yahoo.co.uk

i

ade7754 application note

Oh!! this topic verry good

ade7758 application

I have tried to work with this chip ADE7758 but have failed in each attempt. I tried to make chip talk with the MC68HC11, PIC28, & FPGA. MC68HC11 was the worst one, where the programing was the matter. PIC28 - I fried this one the first time. And the FPGA - I did succeeded with the programing, but here the chip was not getting caliburated with the output, where I am getting repeatedly 'FFFF' in the 7segment output.

Hence, I request any of them who know or have done their project to come forward and help, regarding this failur that I have faced.

I will appreciate your help, feed back or even I will buy/pay for your time or the whole project.

Feel free to email at pm_kle@yahoo.co.uk
thanks

ade7758

hi......
in initial stage we had same problem.....
i had tried this thing with 89c52 n got some good results but still i have one difficulty....
the ADC count is jumping in systematic manner.....
still it is not giving accurate results...

ade7758 reference design

Hello everybody,

I have been working on my project creating a 3phase power meter using Ade7758. Since I am taking some verilog classes, I have used an FPGA board for the communication of this chip. The chip is soldered correctly, and after reading the manual I have done the proper connections based on the program I have written. The program works and shows me some output, but am not sure whether its correct. I believe I am missing some thing in this.

Hence, I am looking forward from anybody with a verilog background willing to help. I will also send you my program and the connections that I have made. Please email me at pm_kle@yahoo.co.uk
Thankyou

energy meter avr

Hello frnz....i m making 3 phase Energy Meter using ADE7754 and my microcontroller is P89V51RD2...in this i m using Keil Software to write my program....if anyone can......plzzzzzz help me out by giving some sample programs, in Keil, for Interfacing ADE7754....

thanx a lot in advance!!! :)

I m working on ADE7758...
i want to interface ADE7758 to MC p89c51rd2..
so please can i get the interfacing circuit for that..
thx...

Hi,

follow the link https://www.8051projects.net/forum-t16382.html

and also search **broken link removed** also

regards
bassa

Added after 3 hours 54 minutes:

Hi,

here I upload a design document (language is Chinese) but you can clearly understand the schematic diagrams. also you can use some translate tools to convert it to English.

hope this also help you

regards
bassa

hello to
all members please help to communicate the atmega32 and ade7758.
in trying to communicate these two but all in vain.
i am sending my hardware and code .please help me and correct me where i am wrong.

HELLO members i would like to ask one question after studying the data sheets of ade7754,ade7755 from analog devices and MC3909 from MICROCHIP,why we have to connect the neutral line to AGND in all energy metering ICs.
NEUTRAL to AGND my mind does not accept it easily why we do this.

HELLO members i would like to ask one question after studying the data sheets of ade7754,ade7755 from ****og devices and MC3909 from MICROCHIP,why we have to connect the neutral line to AGND in all energy metering ICs.
NEUTRAL to AGND my mind does not accept it easily why we do this.

The inputs to the ADCs within the 7758 are single-ended. The input signal has to be refrenced to ground, therefore Neutral must be grounded.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back