Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encounter error: design doesn take slow.lib and fast.lib

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Encounter error

hello,

while importing a design in encounter 4.2 , design is not taking up the slow.lib and fast.lib files, even when i am specifying rgt path in design import form, can any one tell why?????????

i am getting errors like Modulel not present......, no physical library or wrong dimensions...

i am working on 130nm tech ...

thanks,
Prasad

Re: Encounter error

p_shinde said:
hello,

while importing a design in encounter 4.2 , design is not taking up the slow.lib and fast.lib files, even when i am specifying rgt path in design import form, can any one tell why?????????

i am getting errors like Modulel not present......, no physical library or wrong dimensions...

i am working on 130nm tech ...

thanks,
Prasad

you should impor t .lef and .tlf file into encounter, not .lib file

i have imported all other files required for encounter, .v, .lef,.lib, .sdc, .cdb for celtic.

i guess its .tlf or .lib , rgt?

thanks,
Prasad

Encounter error

yeah, i got the same error sometime in my lef and not lib. i think its due to a mismatch between ur lef and ur netlist.

you try only import the following files into Encounter to see whether it is ok or not:

1. synthesized verilog netlist (.v)
2. timing library file (.tlf)
3. library exchange file (.lef)

.lef file tell Encounter physical dimension of the standard cell library. Be sure to import this file, but not the .lib file which is for logic synthesis.

post the errors got after importing these 3 files if you have

Added after 2 minutes:

sree205 said:
yeah, i got the same error sometime in my lef and not lib. i think its due to a mismatch between ur lef and ur netlist.

There exist some bugs when generate the .lef file by Abstract Generator, so it need manually modify before importing into Encounter.

in the earlier lef file i.e 180nm one, they have mentioned
TECHFILE NAME :techfile.cds , though its commented , is that of any imp!!!!!!!!!!

that line is not in 130 nm lef file ?so should i modify my lef file?

thanks,
Prasad

p_shinde said:
in the earlier lef file i.e 180nm one, they have mentioned
TECHFILE NAME :techfile.cds , though its commented , is that of any imp!!!!!!!!!!

that line is not in 130 nm lef file ?so should i modify my lef file?

thanks,
Prasad

what is the error shown when you import this .lef file into the encounter ?
The Encounter will not get physical information from techfile.cds.

Can you attach the .lef file and the corresponding errors shown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back