Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Encoding Recursive Systematic code

Status
Not open for further replies.

emma2

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
In terms of encoding RSC .. Can we use coven function to encode it? I have Matlab book that implemented RSC function to encode it ..and that confused me :?:
any:idea:?

Hi,
coven function? I don't have that on mine ..even get any function in my matlab...so you could also check if the book has written that function.
btw: which book ?

There is convenc i.e. convolutional encoder: Oh yeah first you have to ensure you have the matlab toolbox for communication toolbox.

Reactions: emma2

emma2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Oops! I misspell it :oops:, exactly "convenc function"
Oh , yes I have that tool box. The book is A practical guide to error control coding using Matlab.
Actually he used convenc function in convolutional code but when it comes to turbo code he used the rsc function btw -I already have the rsc code but i didn't understand why not "convenc" because in both cases you will walk the trellis-
kalyanasv ..thanks alot..

Last edited:

The good part is you have the comm toolbox. A recursive convolutional coder has a feedback path which a traditional convolutional coder doesn't have. So you could use the convolutional encoder (essentially xor'ing ) the inputs and feed it back to encoder to create a recursive one. Turbo codes could require interleavers..so it is a little different besides just the recursion.

Do you mean even if I built the trellis using the feedback coeffecient exactly : trellis=poly2trellis(4,[13 15],13); is not enough for the command "convenc" to the rest ifof the job , ?

To start with :
If your just building a RSC code then you don't need an interleaver. All you need to do is feed that along with the input message to convenc.

If your building a turbo code then you have to consider an interleaver.

Reactions: emma2

emma2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.