Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedding notes into a pdf document?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
I have a electric circuit schematic, and I have been asked to add comments to it by way of notes embedded into the pdf document, so that eg if I have a comment about a transistor on the schematic, the person reading the pdf can click the transistor (or click near it), and the text box containing the note concerning that transistor will show up.
Do you know how to do this, or if its actually possible at all?

Yes it is possible but depending on the PDF reader you are using.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am using adobe reader 11.0.3
I didn't pay for it, it is a free one.
Do you think ill be able to add the notes in 11.0.3 version?

I don't think Adobe Reader can add comments, you need Adobe Acrobat for that.

A free alternative is "LibreOffice" (www.libreoffice.org) which is very similar and largely compatible with the Microsoft Office suite. It can open, edit and save PDF files. If you open the PDF, then click "add comment" it will open a 'PostIt' style box for you to add your notes, then click on the box in it's top corner to shrink it to a marker and drag it where you want it on the page.

Brian.

T

Sorry for the delay in response. I have tried adding notes with adobe reader that is installed on my system but it didn't work.
However when I tried it with the one installed on my android phone it was possible. I don't know the problem but for now you can try the solution given by betwixt.

T

I have Adobe Reader Xl 11.03 installed, its the basic free reader. I am using it on Windows 7.

I can right click and a sticky note, it is saved with the document and can be opened and added to.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back