Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics Equipements NEEDED [PLEASE HELP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deedee2010

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys
I am doing my thesis on rain fade and the signal strengths, my university will pay for me all the equipments expenses that i will buy to fulfill my research.
My question is i want all of you guys to help me please about the equipments that i may need it in my work.

I need you suggestions please because i am TOTALLY CONFUSED PLEASE HELP ME.

Sincerely

Dee

HOW CAN YOU DO A THESIS WITHOUT ANY BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF THE PROBLEM??!!

Rain fade is observed on terrestrial and satellite links mostly above 8...10 GHz. Study microwave propagation through troposphere. Rain causes an additional loss as well as depolarization quite well.

In satellite communication, frequency bands are assigned to have a minimum rain fade at a given territory. To study the additional loss, you should have a satellite beacon and a terrestrial receiver to study rain loss distribution over time. Many years ago there were no beacons, so I designed ad used radiometers to detect water emission and learned to calculate rain loss at 12, 18 and 35 GHz.
Go and study first, otherwise your thesis will be of no value. Learn physics as well as microwave technology. Call back after a year id you feel ready.

Thanks Jiri for replying me, theoretically i am an expert regarding rain fade, but practically Unfortunately i am not. My request was to get so suggestion about the equipments needed to calculate the attenuation.

TQ

To CALCULATE the attenuation I used a calculator. You can find many kinds of software now. I think you should know the physics of the phenomenon. To get the data I indicated what I used.

Yes but i want to do an experiment because i already found the results using the software.

Any suggestions guys? All what i need is suggestions

Yes but i want to do an experiment because i already found the results using the software.

Any suggestions guys? All what i need is suggestions

What is what you want to measure? Terrestrial? Satellite? Frequency, Loss, depolarization, delay spread?

What is what you want to measure? Terrestrial? Satellite? Frequency, Loss, depolarization, delay spread?

I want to measure the loss for satellite

Appreciate your interest (y)

sounds like u need to find a geosynchronus satellite with a fairly constant transmit power, a dish antenna (and possibly an LNB) pointed at it, and a receiver to compute the received power transmitted from the satellite. If you use an LNB, you could use a fairly cheap low frequency spectrum analyzer as the receiver...just want to be sure it has a computer interface on it. Then an automatic rain guage to mount on the roof...also computer connected.

If u want to do a few frequency points, u need multiple antenna dishes/lnbs.....and maybe a computer controlled IF switch.

The location of the satellite with respect to your receiving antenna location will be important. A satellite on the horizon will show much more rain fade than one relatively overhead.

sounds like u need to find a geosynchronus satellite with a fairly constant transmit power, a dish antenna (and possibly an LNB) pointed at it, and a receiver to compute the received power transmitted from the satellite. If you use an LNB, you could use a fairly cheap low frequency spectrum analyzer as the receiver...just want to be sure it has a computer interface on it. Then an automatic rain guage to mount on the roof...also computer connected.

If u want to do a few frequency points, u need multiple antenna dishes/lnbs.....and maybe a computer controlled IF switch.

The location of the satellite with respect to your receiving antenna location will be important. A satellite on the horizon will show much more rain fade than one relatively overhead.

Thank you so much biff44. appreciate it

Any more suggestions Guys (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back