Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromigration Fixing in Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemist1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electromigration (em) fixing

Hi ,

How do we fix the electron migration violations in magma. what are the inputs needed to be given for this check and how do we analyze it and solve it?

Cheers..................

magma em violations

for fixing crosstalk and EM u have to use Non-DEFAULT rule(NDR) and use doble space and double width on the metal layers in order to avoid timing violations. So, u can also use shielding but if u take care of Crosstalk then EM will also be fixed. Thats wht i think.....

Added after 2 minutes:

if there are opens and shorts u have to analyse whether it is due to high current carrying capacity on the metals and make the changes accordingly. u can also view the EM Map where there are EM Violations in Blast RAIL.

electromigration fixing

for fixing crosstalk and EM u have to use Non-DEFAULT rule(NDR) and use doble space and double width on the metal layers in order to avoid timing violations. So, u can also use shielding but if u take care of Crosstalk then EM will also be fixed. Thats wht i think.....

You could use double width to overcome electro-migration issues but I'm not sure if doubling the space would be of help to achieve that though it would help in reducing XTalk. Same with shielding too; it may help better XTalk but not EM.

double width for crostalk avoid

Hi,

One option is to use non default rules for width and spacing that will avoid em and crosstalk.

Thanks..

HAK..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back