Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVE IN VACCUME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash13

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
em-waves do not exist

CAN ANY BODY HELP ME
IS THERE ANY POSIBLE CHANCES FOR TRANSFORING OF ELAECTROMAGNETIC WAES IN VACCUME
IF ANY BODY KNOW TELL ME HOW IT IS POSIBLE WITHOUT MEDIAUM
THANKS

em wave doesnt need medium to traverse..try reading book by ramo and whinnery

Stars at night and sun in the daytime... And many other cases.

prakash13
Recall scholl physics course. There were some answers for this question ;)

Actually, EM waves do not exist. Maxwell's field theory is a really good approximation to what is actually happening most of the time, but it breaks down for low power. See Richard Feynman's "QED - The strange theory of matter and light". What we call EM waves are really composed of photons. Photons are particles with wave-like properties. But, they are not waves. However, I intend to keep on using Maxwell's equations and EM waves because they are much simpler than QED (Quantum ElectroDynamics) and they work just fine for all the problems I need to solve. Just keep in mind that EM Waves are an abstract approximation to the real situation. They are not themselves real.

They traverse through periodic oscillations of electric field and magnetic field

Strong gravitational fields change the direction of rays of light so yes EM fields can be distorted (in a vacuum). Large celestial bodies have sufficient gravitational attraction to bend EM waves as they pass close. If I am remembering my physics lectures correctly the effect was first seen in association with solar eclipses when stars at the edge of the sun (but still in view) when the sun's radiation was blocked by the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back