Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical conductivity of salt water

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaoum

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

i am designing an experiment to see the relationship between the electrical conductivity of salt water and the temperature of the salt water.

can some one help me by giving a good and accurate way of measuring the conductivity.

thanks

Plating of chemicals means the accumulation of metals (in general) on the plates because of chemical reactions occuring due to the passage of electrons through the salt. D.C flows in one direction so if you use D.C for a longer time, more substance will accumulate on the plates. This porcess also inceases with the increase in current. If you use A.C, current will change direction continuously. One reaction due to the flow of electrons in one direction will be reversed by the flow of electrons in the opposite direction. So the net result will be no accumulation of substance on the plates and no change in the chemistry of the solution.

but how will i measure the conductivity with AC current??

How do i measure AC Current??

thanks

U can measure it using any of the following
1-Hot wire ammeter.
2-Clamb ammeter.
any one knows any more!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back