Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric heater doesn't work well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charming Cherish

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a electric heater which is used to boil water,it has been all very useful that I used it for one year.But recently, I do not know why it looks something wrong.Specific as the situations, cold water to burn a few minutes later, suddenly the red light of the above is not bright, electric heater is not working, after about five minutes, it began to work, and later has beenwhile working for a while does not work.I do not know why this is?

any wire would be loos contact or some wire would be damaged.. check for the defect in wire and connection through out the way...

I bought a electric heater which is used to boil water,it has been all very useful that I used it for one year.But recently, I do not know why it looks something wrong.Specific as the situations, cold water to burn a few minutes later, suddenly the red light of the above is not bright, electric heater is not working, after about five minutes, it began to work, and later has beenwhile working for a while does not work.I do not know why this is?

where do you live Cherish ? It could be that the water in your area has a lot of dissolved sulphates & carbonates. Over time these will get deposited on your heater whenever you boil, and reduce/ affect the working of your heater.

So -- look inside your heater. Do you see a whitish/ brownish sediment or do you see shining metal surface ?
Just carefully clean it out if its not a shiny metal surface.

Oh yes, if it works & then suddenly doesn't work, then that is probably some sort of bad/ burned connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.