Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Circuit - 4 motors, 2 switched at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir4awan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I want to solve an electric circuit for motors. In the attached files, you can see a motor wiring, whose functions are like that. Only two motors are allowed to run at the same time. This is direct switching. What I want that, we have 4 Motors and only two are allowed to run at the same time.

It would be very helpful if someone can solve this problem. I have also asked my teacher but until now he is not able to solve this circuit.

Thanks

Attachments

• Circuit.png
    Circuit.png
    374.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:

Check this, to be implemented for each motor. Circuit needs 7 auxiliary contacts (6 n.c., 1 n.o.) for each motor contactor.

1625839770352.png

Check this, to be implemented for each motor. Circuit needs 7 auxiliary contacts (6 n.c., 1 n.o.) for each motor contactor.

View attachment 170646
No. This will not work. Because Motor M

View attachment 170646
Thanks for your quick reply. But still I am not able to understand the wiring diagram. You have mentioned the auxiliary switches for fist motor. But for other motors there are many ways use the switches. So how come we decide which one are correct. For example I can use for Motor 2 Q1/Q3 or Q1/Q4. Similarly for Motor 3 Q1/Q2 or Q1/Q4. It would be very helpful if you could upload a full wiring diagram. Thanks

Note: I have just attached a rough diagram just for understanding.

Attachments

• IMG_20210709_171856027.jpg
    IMG_20210709_171856027.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 122

No. This will not work. Because Motor M
????

Unfortunately you haven't been able to supplement the circuit correctly. It looks like you performed copy and paste without much thinking. Did you understand the operation of the circuit in post #1 at all?

Hint: The three n.c. contacts pairs cover all possible combination of two out of the other three motors. The circuit driving Q2 is correct, but the Q3 circuit must not contain a Q3 n.c. contact and the Q4 circuit no Q4 n.c. contact.

????

Unfortunately you haven't been able to supplement the circuit correctly. It looks like you performed copy and paste without much thinking. Did you understand the operation of the circuit in post #1 at all?

Hint: The three n.c. contacts pairs cover all possible combination of two out of the other three motors. The circuit driving Q2 is correct, but the Q3 circuit must not contain a Q3 n.c. contact and the Q4 circuit no Q4 n.c. contact.
I am really sorry. I just replied without thinking much. Now I understood the wiring diagram. I am really impressed. Since 4 days I am trying to solve this wiring diagram could not able to do it. If you don't mind can I ask something? I mean, are you an engineer in electronics? I am really impressed with your speed of solving this problem. Thanks

Attachments

• Circuit.png
    Circuit.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: FvM

Status
Not open for further replies.