Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earth Pole DC Motor (No Magnets, No Stator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybgood

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
this is an Earth Pole DC motor which I built. It is an improved version of an earlier prototype I submitted a while back on this forum.

This time the polarity on the armature is shifted accordingly (+/-12V) instead of simply switching ON and Off.

The Unit is first aligned towards the North Pole which is the optimal position and then it is rotated by 90 degrees to a bad position where the Motor slows down to a dead stop to indicate the North direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4DYfSBCE4

Earth DC Motor.png

Nice job. I see the action is now automatic, and speedier.
(Your previous version needed human hands to close and open a switch, each time the coil was at just the right position.)

These are profound concepts being demonstrated, yet you do it with a few simple components.

Nice job. I see the action is now automatic, and speedier.
(Your previous version needed human hands to close and open a switch, each time the coil was at just the right position.)

These are profound concepts being demonstrated, yet you do it with a few simple components.

thanks for the nice comments :)

Schematic: earth dc motor_schem.png

H-bridge can be bought off ebay: Dual H Bridge L298N DC Stepper Motor Driver

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back