Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earth Impedance measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjtpower_magic

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Folks,
Hope you are doing well.

i am building Hardware Circuit where i would like to add Earth Resistance measurement, anyone knows how we can measure it?

Hi

an internet search "how to measure earth resistance". Gives several million hits.
Nothing new. Nothing special.

Are you looking for something special? Then tell us.

Klaus

If its earth resistance down long mains cable, then its often done by time domain reflectometry.
The chargepoint testers do it as a routine.
Otherwise...just get a current source and push current through your measurement points, and measure the voltage between your measurement points, then V/I

Earth resistance around a power station for example is done by injecting known currents into driven earth stakes and measuring the volt drop of these - with enough measurements one can plot a surface of earth resistance over the area of interest ...

Status
Not open for further replies.