Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dump data into file using SKILL

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun06gupta

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I am new to skill and I have learnt some basic commands to get the information from schematic. Now, I want to dump some technical data from schematic into some file. Is that possible, if yes then please let me know the procedure or some basic information like how to start.

Basically I want to dump in some XML file format.

Regards
Varun

Hi varun,

yes,, we can dump into files using skill code.. there are some skill tool commands which is used to get information from schematic . Then store that information into a file. If you want store that code into a procedure.. use file concept.

Hi varun,

yes,, we can dump into files using skill code.. there are some skill tool commands which is used to get information from schematic . Then store that information into a file. If you want store that code into a procedure.. use file concept.

Thanks Vijay

Ya I have tried and dumped information from schematic into file.Actually I want to dump in XML file, I harcoded some syntax of XML using fprintf statements. Please let me know is that posible to dump in XML file format directly using some function or something else?

Please share some information or procedure with an example if possible.

Regards

Varun

hi varun,

Its great.. so far i haven't found any syntax that dump XML for schematic...... but using fprintf we can dump based on our needs as we did..

Did u need example for procedure to dump to file??

hi varun,

Its great.. so far i haven't found any syntax that dump XML for schematic...... but using fprintf we can dump based on our needs as we did..

Did u need example for procedure to dump to file??

Hi Vijay

Thanks for this. I have dumped in form of XML format using hard coding most of the stuff.
No, I just wanted if you have any example to dump in XML directly.

If you think some info that you have can be useful for me, then please do.

Regards
Varun

Hi varun,

If i understand some basic needs of ur requirement i can help u more.. why u need this XML format optionally if u want in excel there are more easy way to do this. (i.e using .csv) I use to get information from layout and schematic and i will use .csv format so that i can open in both text and excel. hope it may help a bit.

Otherthan that like giving xml as a input for graph and simulation we need that xml format only..

please look into below link..

Last edited:

Hi Vijay

Can you share some example for .csv like how you are generating .csv file may be some small example.
Link you have given is not working, please check once or give me name of post then I will search in community.

Regards
Varun

Hi varun,

csv is simple. just open a text file in linux machine. type the below words and save as excel.csv

"vijay","raj","99"
"selva","kumar","100"

Then double click it will be open in excel with columns and rows. This is due to "" and , seperators.

o/p
vijay raj 99
selva kumar 100

when u open in text editor it will have the original one.

usage:-
So rather than going for the syntax in excel i will go with outputing the file with ""
and seperate with ,[comma] so i dont need to include that xml code. I will just output the file with the name *.csv. Inside that i will have "" and ,..

OK means here also we have to include in "" and , in fprintf statements. I thought there is some way to get directly .csv file.

Anyways thanks for your inputs.

Regards
Varun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back