Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF detection through microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarkummi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
please give me the steps to detect the DTMF tones through with low cost micro controller with out using a decoder ic. and what are the hardware requirements .

Last edited:

its not easy or feasible to do dtmf decoding at software level... its rather too complex project and the controller will never find time to execute the code written if it starts decooding stmf signals.. So it practically not possible without hardware decoders.. if its a question of 8051 then better drop this idea..

but MSP430 gives an option for that..

**broken link removed**

Hi
It is possible to use ATMEGA64 micro controller with inbuilt 10 bit ADC and clock frequency of 11.0592M Hz.

The MSP430 solution provided by ckshivaram seems to use a 1.048 MHz CPU clock, in so far, an ATmega can be expected to be able to do it. If assembly coding is required? Don't know.

FvM is correct, but still i have doubts at the back of my mind about it.. but while searching i came across an application note from microchip where they say it is done using pic18f
please find it here
**broken link removed**

also found a very old discussion here

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/48366/

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

MRAMA

ramina

Status
Not open for further replies.