Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dspic33ep512mu810 input voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in dspic33ep512mu810 i want to know what is the minimum voltage that the io can read as low ( VINL)
and what is the minimum voltage that the io can read as high ( VINH)

in data sheet i cannot see this clearly kindly help.

in my board i am using optocoupler pc 817, the voltage on the io pin is pulled up with 3.3v if the optocoupler is on the voltage drops to 0.4v and my
micro controller io reads as low. but i want to know the voltage range for VINL 0-?.

Actually the VIH and VIL specs are on page 506...
The VOH and VOL are on page 509.

The min and max columns in table 32-9 tell you what is the minimum and maximum voltages are for the i/o IH or IL. Though to determine the actual value you have to know what the supply voltage is.

thanks for your answer i referred to page 506 in that it is telling the maximum is 0.2vdd. if my vdd is 3.3v then 0.2*3.3= 0.66v this is right kindly help

Hi,

To me it seems your question is answered.
What help do you need now?

Klaus

0.2*3.3= 0.66v THIS IS CORRECT

Hi,

I didn't go to the datasheet to search for V_IL.
But the value of 0.66V very likely is correct.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.