Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP to generate high frequency sin wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmtech999

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently working on a project that requires a 250-500kHz sin pulse to generated from a DSP. Ive seen a few papers in which they were able to do this however, they do not go into much detail about how other that using a DSP and a DAC. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions which could help me achieve this. Thank you

Do you really need a DSP? I think that many commercial DDS chips can be used to this.

If the sine pulses frequency is fixed you can use a look up table, otherwise you could implement a CORDIC loop to generate the sine samples of the required frequencies.

Regards
Mowgli

There are lot of ways to generate a sinewave in a DSP, including the CORDIC algorithm (however it is not the simplest one). You can also achieve this by using a recursive filter or a polynomial decomposition. In fact many (if not any) DSP C compilers has a function to generate the sine function.

--
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back