Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DrivenModel, DrivenTerminal, Lumped Port, Wave Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaildr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

Glad to join the group, just a general question as how you usually choose between DrivenModel and DrivenTerminal with Lumped Port and Wave Port. I actually don't quite understand the physics behind these four terms, would really appreciate your comments.

Another more specific question is that, I attempted to solve for transmission line modes, the thing I'd like to know is Z0, and the LCRG model parameters. Initially I used DrivenModel with WavePort, it can give you the modal profile, but if I'm solving for multiple modes, the mode numbering can change across sweeping frequency (i.e. at certain frequency mode1 and mode2 numbering switches) and this is quite annoying. I wonder how do you deal with this.

thanks
Ran

Status
Not open for further replies.